2 cups whole wheat flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt + more for sprinkling
1 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup tahini
2 cups chocolate chips (we used wafers and chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together sugars, butter, vanilla and tahini.
- Add egg and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients a little bit at a time.
- Add in chocolate chips and quickly mix just until smooth
- Add batter in golf ball size spoonfulls to a baking sheet lined with If You Care Parchment Paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Press down each cookie with a spatula so the chocolate oozes a bit and bake for another 5 minutes or until edges begin to crisp.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!