4 tbsp butter
½ cup onion, diced
Salt and pepper
1 ½ cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
2 cups cooked chicken breast , chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup peas
½ cup celery, chopped
½ cup potato, diced
- In a large pot or skillet, melt butter and add onions, cooking for about 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add flour and season with salt and pepper, then pour in chicken broth and milk and cook until thick on high.
- Turn heat off and stir in chicken and vegetables to the pot.
- Line an If You Care Paper Cake and Pie Pan with pie crust, then fill with pot pie mixture. Lay another layer of pie crust on top of the pan and pinch edges until sealed. Make sure to poke a few holes on the top of the crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until browned. If the edges seem to be browning too fast, cover the sides of the crust with aluminum foil.