Citrus and Honey Glazed Turkey
1 20lb turkey
2 tsp freshly chopped sage
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp coarse salt
½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
1 stick butter, softened
1 orange, quartered
1 lemon, quartered
1 lime, quartered
5 cloves garlic, smashed
1 bunch of fresh herbs- rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano
½ cup orange juice
½ cup Mackay’s Orange Marmalade
1 tbsp honey
5 tbsp salted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove giblets and neck and discard or reserve for gravy. Clean and dry the turkey and set on a cutting board.
- Combine the sage, thyme, salt, pepper and butter and rub all over turkey, making sure to get under the skin over the breast.
- Add orange, lemon, lime inside the turkey, then use If You Care Organic Kitchen Twine to truss the turkey closed.
- Carefully place the turkey, breast side up, in an If You Care Extra Large Roasting Bag with the seam side up on in a large roasting pan. Secure the opening of the Roasting Bag by folding towards the top of the turkey and roast for 2.5 hours.
- After 2.5 hours of roasting, add orange juice, Mackay’s Marmalade, honey and cinnamon to a small saucepan and heat until boiling and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully cut or rip the top of the Roasting Bag to expose the turkey. Use extreme caution, as the steam will be very hot.
- Brush the orange mixture all over the turkey, then place back in the oven and continue roasting for 1 hour or until turkey reaches 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Carefully remove the turkey from the Roasting Bag by lifting and let it rest on a cutting board or platter for at least 20 minutes.