1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2lbs ripe tomatoes, halved +3 more for garnish
5 cloves garlic, crushed
3 shallots, thinly sliced
2 tbsp tomato paste
½ cup dry white wine
2 tsp paprika
1 ½ tsp cumin
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 ½ cups fresh baby kale
1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Add peppers and 2lbs of tomatoes to a baking sheet lined with Parchment Paper, then drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes. Add shallots and garlic and roast for another 15 minutes.
- In a wide pan or skillet, add roasted vegetables, tomato paste, wine, herbs and spices, then stir and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Add the kale and allow to wilt for about 5 minutes.
- Add the goat cheese.
- Make 6 holes in the sauce and add an egg to each hole, then cover pan and allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until eggs are poached to desired level.
- Serve immediately with bread.