If you’ve got a sweet tooth when it comes to your salads, then this fruity blackberry and beet salad with creamy goat cheese is for you. We pair zesty arugula with a red wine vinaigrette that is going to become a house-staple, we guarantee it! Hunks of honey goat cheese and warm roasted beets (that don’t stick to the baking sheet!) tie the whole thing together. Give the simple recipe a shot today!
Blackberry & Beet Salad
4 cups arugula, lightly packed
2 small beets, 1 regular (purple) and 1 golden
1-pint blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
4 oz. honey-flavored goat cheese, crumbled
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (plus more, for roasting beets)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp kosher salt (plus more, for roasting beets)
½ tsp black pepper (plus more, for roasting beets)
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard If You Care Parchment Baking Paper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 177 degrees C
2. Line a baking sheet with If You Care Parchment Baking Paper.
3. Wash and peel beets (we weargloves) then cut them into small cubes. Toss (individually, so the color doesn’t bleed) with a spoon of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Pour out beets on baking dish and roast until tender, about 25 minutes.
5. While the beets roast, make your dressing by whisking together red wine vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon with salt and pepper (the measurements listed). Slowly stream in ¼ cup olive oil and whisk vigorously, until emulsified. Set aside.
6. Take out your favorite platter and gently place arugula down. Top arugula with blackberries (make sure they are really dry) and crumbled goat cheese.
7. When the beets are tender, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Place them on top of the arugula.